What we're doing in Class!

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Almost There

We are about 45 minutes outside of Zurich. It's been a long day and we're now nine hours ahead of the time in Portland. I ended up not sleeping (which I think wored out pretty well... it made it a lot easier for me to sleep on the plane). I got to the airport around 4:30am and was surprised how busy it was for a Sunday morning. It took awhile to check in, but after that I headed to the gate to wait for the plane.



DELTA 1510 Portland --> Atlanta (4 hours, 7 minutes)


This flight was pretty uneventful. It consisted of me trying to sleep, and Ben telling me that it was a bad idea because I should sleep later. Luckily, Ben's attention quickly shifted to in flight trivia, which he won.... and I was able to sleep peacefully. thbusters. I woke up for the last part of the flight and was able to watch Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe and MyBefore I knew it, the plane was landing in Atlanta.




102_0008.JPG


It was pretty hot and humid when we got off the plane. This airport is huge and has a really cool train system that will take you from one concourse to another. Ben and I grabbed some mango chicken from the food court forn lunch. The chicken was mostly, parts of it were dry... but the rice wasn't very good at all.



DELTA 66 Atlanta --> Zurich (8 hours, 41 minutes)


This flight was long. The crew was pretty good about keeping us hydrated and fed, so no compliants there. There were a few movies playing, but nothing that really caught my attention. Instead I tried to sleep. But it was the kind of sleep where you are half awake and constantly tossing and turning. Ben's strategy for sleeping was to take his blanket and completely cover his body with it, from head to toe....




102_0007.JPG


The captain just came on the PA to say that we are about to land. More updates to come later!




102_0014.JPG

2 comments:

  1. Jacob C requests many more pictures of Alex K in them.

    Please.

    Looks amazing man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where are the girls? tfk

    ReplyDelete