Ben and I just got back from having lunch at a grab and go deli. Here's a quick recap of what we've been up to so far:
We got off the plane at the airport and rode a train into downtown Zurich.
It was raining when we got there, so we headed to our hotel to drop off our bags.
The hotel we are staying at has a rock band
theme. The room we are staying in is KISS. It's actually quite disturbing....
After checking in, we spent a few hours just walking around getting a feel for the city. We found a few really cool statues, visited the Grossmunster (a cathedral), walked along the edge of Lake Zurich, and found the Opera house (a building I studied in my ARCH classes).
We found a lot of other museums and shops, but most of them were closed. Most places here don't open until 10 or 11, which is very different than what we are used to.
Right now, we are sitting in our hotel room mapping out our plan for the rest of the day. It's amazing how quiet it is here. The window is open and the only thing I hear are birds chriping and the occasional conversation.
A good friend once recommended that, when taking pictures in foreign places, always put yourself in the picture, otherwise you might as well just get a postcard. I think you should do the same - you know I'd love to see more of your and Ben's goofy faces!
ReplyDelete